Thursday, August 07, 2008

everything seems so familiar..

just finishing watching ten episodes of The Defining Moment, on my MobTV select.
(Channel 8, 9pm show)
the story is about how money matters can cause so much pain and misery among human beings.
it shows how cruel your closest family member can become for the sake of fortune.
it sucks looking at those scenes in the show.
it reminds me of certain events that had occurred in the previous year.
the heart-wrenching funeral scenes,
(especially the way they filmed it. i can feel myself experiencing in the exact same scenario.)

the fighting over inheritance scenes,
(i can't help but recall the evilness when i looked into the faces of certain people.)

the loving grandpa-to-grand daughter scenes,
(i can feel the love, the love is so so strong and overpowering, i miss this kind of love. it is different from parental love, it is different from friendship love, even siblings' love and relationship love doesn't feel this way. I believe that it is this special kind of love which i will treasure and keep it close to my heart forever. I would never want to forget all these happy memories. All those doting moments that will be buried and locked in my heart, never to be let out again.)

the misery of looking at your loved ones feeling so sad and dejected yet you can't do anything about it.
(I have to admit that I am lousy at comforting people, I would only make things worse, the feeling of helpness overtakes my courage in facing reality. the feeling of dejection hits me hard in the face. things aren't that easy to just look-on-the-bright-side.)

this show is truly one that has engaged me totally.
I sympathise with Fann Wong, and all the shit that she has to undergo.
Probably, being in a worse state taught me to be positive about things.
episodes 8 to 10 left me with buckets of tears. literally buckets.

Without this show, I might have forgotten about all the shitty things that happened due to the fighting for fortune.
I have thought through it once again, and carefully.
It serves as a reminder.
a reminder to not let history repeat itself.
I do not wish my children to go through what I have been through.
I would never let materialism and hunger for fame and fortune possess me.
A Family should stay as loving as one can be.
FAMILY stands for Father And Mother I Love You!

yup, a family should live happily ever after.
minor quarrels are hard to prevent, but ultimately, at the end of the day, family members are those that you can depend on when you need it. At the same time, don't forget to lend them a helping hand, or even a comfortable shoulder whenever they need one. (:
love them, and trust me, they love you too!

on a happier note, today is a love's in the air day.
七月初七! (seventh of the seventh month!)
牛郎与织女的日子. (cow boy and the weave girl story, pardon me for my lousy translation)
that's why it is raining so so heavily!
they get to meet only once a year, which is on this very special day,
and its raining either because the gods are too touched and they cried,
or they themselves cried.
(:
to think that i am still so old-fashioned. hehe. (: