Thursday, August 21, 2008

MA1421 is an easy module! I am loving NUS (not...)! :D

you can call me crazy, but i think i really love university maths!
Especially MA1421!
(Or Probably its because I am only taking MA1421!)

I think it is really easy!
maybe it is not really really extremely easy, but i think it is relatively easier as compared to other modules that I am currently taking.
I think this is the only module that i truly understand and is able to complete my tutorials dutifully. (at least for now, i think so.. and not that i have done my tutorials la..)

I am feeling slightly guilty for falling asleep for this Tuesday's lesson.
however, it is not entirely my fault also; i was on drugs that day. ):
Anyway, I am not gonna ever fall asleep in any maths lecture ever again!
'Cause I think the lecturer Chew Tuan Seng seriously rocks la!
He seems like a fatherly figure to me!
but the best part is he uploads every single of his lecture notes after every lecture.
literally after, within 2 to 3 days the lecture notes will be up!
Fast and efficient!
although it sorta encourages people not to attend lessons..haha..but i can refer to them if i ever fall asleep again or if i miss certain parts of the lecture ma.
uploading the lecture notes efficiently is damn a lot better than some lecturers who take ages to upload a certain pretty blank lecture notes.
oh, I am referring to SSA2204 lecturer.
kesleen, agree?
The lecture is on tuesday afternoon.
and the lecture notes will only be uploaded on monday late afternoon or night.
rahhs. must be poor planning la.

I am surviving in my other modules.
Surviving but not really very alive at the moment.

German (LAG1201) is good!
fun!
my lecturer is a Taiwanese, (yeah not a German),
but looking on the brighter side, she will understand us better as we are all asians and just started out on the language.
Previously, for the past 3 lectures, the pace was rather fine, i can catch up.
however, for today's lecture, i feel that she suddenly swped up quite a bit.
try hard to catch up.
and my ability to write and spell german words is confirm better than my ability to speak them.
And to all my friends, i know i like to use some weird words in front of you that sounds like broken English, but those are actually German.
(I feel that i am born to speak German man! :P detect the underlying meaning.)
Nevertheless, learning a completely new language from scratch is tough, so perseverance is power.

CM1101 is not bad too!
I like the lecturer, Bettens!
a very humorous ang moh!
today he was saying that the ring around the 3dz orbitals look like the donut around his stomach!
wahahahaha! one funny guy!
the lecture is fun, sounds like some storytelling lectures.
He seems to be always talking what some dead scientist have found,
and he sorta have something against those scientists that have gotten the nobel prize award.
He is damn sarcastic whenever he mention about them.
the analogys that he gives are understandable and must learning an easy pizy journey for most.
yet, up till now, i still can't figure out what is the relationship between the lecture and the Mass tutorial 1.
the link is vague. Mass tutorial 1 is something like Maths and logic, not so much of chemistry.
haha. :D

lastly, the one that i dred the most.
CM1111! ):
sadly, the hong kongie doesn't appeal to me.
his looks doesn't appeal to me,
his voice is worse.
his scolding tone is exactly the same as his talking and every other tone.
Kes and I didn't even know that he was angry la! :P
his favourite action is to sweep his hair with his hand,
he loves to cough, (i heard from my seniors that he is forever coughing..)
he speaks in an accent that is worse than Russell Peters',
he never fails to scare his students with extremely loud sounds for instance,
dropping the mic,
blasting the irritating windows XP shut down sound into our ears etc...
haiz.. i don't know what else to say la.
he impression of him is really bad liao.
and sitting in his lecture is scary.(other than the loud noises thing.)
he loves to ask his students random questions,
really random, even if you are nerdy enough to read and analyse every single word of your lecture notes, you may not know the answer to the question.
in the first lecture, he asked, "where do grass(glass) comes from?"
and kesleen wanted to answer that, "grass cannot come from one, it needs to be grown!"
oh! he always does this thing which i really cant stand it!
He loves to use the OHP in the middle of his powerpoint slides.
I have absolutely no problem with him screening on the OHP,
but i have a problem with the procedures of how he does it!
normally people will just right click and change the powerpoint slide to a black screen right?
but he doesn't!
he would end his power point slide, then scroll all the way down to the last powerpoint slide that he prepared, which is always a black screen!!
wah!! seriuosly lo! waste of time!
really feel like teaching him how to make full use of powerpoint capabilities!

haiya.. roughly, that is what my school life and how am i coping with my modules la.
fret not, I am still surviving though. :D
Alles Gute!

P.S. my timetable is nicely and beautifully planned! :D
all my appeals were successful! woohoo! :D
iPhone will be here in Singapore tomorrow (or rather midnight today.)!
how i wish i can have one by tommorow.
Please anyone?