Tuesday, April 22, 2008

my "night" cycling.

reached home at 7pm.
put down my bags,
pumped my bike and off i went.

first stop

Tampines Regional Library.
cycled along the long pathway with not very bright lights.
my eyes took extremely long to get use to the darkness.
seriously, i think that carrots aren't doing my night blindness any help.
i have been eating quite a lot of carrots recently, but to no avail.
my condition is still so bad.
):

furthermore, the long pathway to the library is very sandy and dusty.
felt my eyes drying up.
the speed of my eyes were not catching up with the speed of my bike.
was riding quite dangerously.
hehe. (:
i really miss the feeling of riding fast,
with wind blowing against your skin.
totally refreshed!

reached the library.
went into the library for less than five minutes,
then came out.

i returned a Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
and borrowed a Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and a Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.
why return and borrow the same book?
'cause it is due tomorrow and i am not even halfway through the book!
this is the smart and economical way,
provided that there is another of the same book in the library.
Tampines Regional Library is full of Harry Potter books.
note: they are on the first level, the children's section.

second stop
Tampines Central Community Centre/NTUC
after leaving the library, while collecting my bike,
i planned out the route to my next destination.
this time round, my eyes are better suited to the darkness.
or probably because there are less trees casting shadows on my route.

realised that i took the longer route.
there is an even shorter, but darker route.
i guess its a blessing in disguise that i took the long route.

reached my destination.
went up to the CC to check out the Yoga and pilates classes available.
it left me disappointed. ):
no timings that are suitable for me.
and i don't quite like the fact that the instructors are guys.
):
shall try again next time. or maybe somewhere else.

went down to the NTUC to shop around.
wanted to look for the hersheys chocolate cake mix,
(i am suddenly in the mood to bake cake.)
but this lousy NTUC doesn't have.

shopped around for around 45 minutes in that minute(mude) NTUC.
ended up with a packet of dark toblerones chocolates and two bars of Philadelphia cream cheese.
the cream cheese are for my cheese cakes!
and they became shittingly EXPENSIVE!
$5 now. it used to be $4.25.
horrible!
now i can feel the impact of the rise in inflation on me. ):
i should switch to a close substitute,
like Redman's cream cheese?
and risk my cheese cake turning out not as tasty. ):
nah, i shall stick to my expensive philadelphia cream cheese.

left the NTUC and headed back to my third stop
which is also my starting point- Home.

i like the ride back the most.
(minus the fact that i am carrying a quite heavy NTUC plastic bag on my bike's handle.)
rode a little on the road.
those small little roads that leads to my block.
tried to imagine myself driving.
heh (: shiok!
*pinch myself hard*
back to reality.
haven even taken my basic theory test!
that reminds me that i better start studying for my basic theory soon.
although mostly was covered in quiz comp before le.
but still, complacency leads to no where.
i will start soon.

and here i am back from my "night" cycling.
with my dinner (red bean soup) in front of me, as i am typing this post.
very hungry!
and the red bean soup is really nice!
mummy cooked it (: