Thursday, February 28, 2008

my haircut experience(:

went to kimage students with my brother yesterday, to cut our hair.
in case some of you are thinking that kimage students is a place where they cut hair for students,
NO ITS NOT!
its a place where people go to kimage to learn how to cut hair,
and the best part is, they are using YOU as the guinea pig!
yeah! means they used me, MY HAIR for experimenting and learning how to cut!

yeah, that was so so brave of me to go and try to get my hair cut there.
i finally went due to the great persuasion and encouragement from my brother.
he was like, "haiya, it wont be that bad one la. what can happen? at most cut botak only lo..."
okie, i added in the green part myself.

the other reason why finally decided to cut my hair there was the price!
$9 only!
and if you book one day in advance, you will get 10% discount.
and my brother's haircut was $6 only!
it is $6 for gentleman.
and ladies $9.

the haircut was not bad.
and the $9 includes a hairwash, massage, cut, blow, and a little styling.

first was the wash.
i am really lucky.
my hair was being washed by this guy.
and i am the second customer that he had ever washed hair for.
plus the fact that my hair is quite long, its pretty difficult to wash, cause his first customer was a guy.
he even asked me if i bought insurance! haha!
i was getting jittery about the wash.
praying hair that nothing will go wrong.
nothing very bad went wrong la,
its just that the water kept on flowing down to my face and a little down my neck.
he took around 20 to 30 minutes to get my hair washed.
and it took like 3 other of his shifus to demostrate how to wash for me.
and he is like not paying attention la.
so distracted! i can't help but to laugh at him whenever he did something wrongly!
then, finally we proceeded to the sink to rinse off the shampoo.
he asked, "warm or cold water."
then i wanted warm.
but i wonder why it feels so cold on my head!
i bet he was once again distracted!

finally, done with washing.
then, one of his shifus,(i shall name her shifu) who is also a student help me cut my hair.
the gay teacher, who is the real teacher/trainer there, came over to ask for my preferences,
and he taught the girl how to cut my hair,
demostrating with the left side of my hair.
then, it was the shifu's turn try cutting my hair.
not bad la.
she is an attentive student. (:
but poor her, she accidentally cut her hand.
it bled, and she went to put a plaster, which hang loosely on her hand.
hehe. throughout the haircut i was observing the plaster,
thinking, "what if it dropped out and stick onto my hair? painful leh!"
hehe. (:
and she was quite cute la.
a left hander.
made some small talk with her.
wasn't feeling v worried letting her cut my hair.
the gay teacher will always be around to SAVE THE DAY.
or rather save my hair la.

then, same the layer part.
the layering part with those layers scissors.
OUCH!
it was so damn painful hor!
and the thing is, when the gay was demostrating, it was really painful lo!
but when the shifu was doing it, it wasn't that painful.
wah, i really hated that part the most.
i was grtting my teeth throughout that whole torturous process la!
oh man!
i hate it!
):

okie, then blowing hair.
it was fine la.
normal lo.

and styling hair was normal too.
just a bit of serum lo.

my brother's hair turn out nice also!
with that little spikes here and there.
and the person who cut for him was more pro.
she didn't use the shaver at all!
cool!
and she styled my brother hair with something called the coloured wax.
it makes your hair a little reddish brown.
yet it looks very natural at the same time.
and i think my brother don't look very singaporean in his coloured hair.
how i wish that there was something called coloured serum.
hehe (:

overall, it was quite an experience.
took around 1 and a half hours in total.
so there only you have time to spare.
it is certainly not a haircut that you can afford to go for during lunch hours.
its interesting to look at the people cutting.
and at the same time you can learn some things also.
i picked up a little things here and there too.
probably i can cut my kinda hairstyle now.
any volunteers to be my first customer?

on a side note, there was this auntie, also a student there,
she thought my brother is a uni student.
then my brother said no la, he i sec 3 only.
and the auntie was like, "what?! sec 3 have girlfriend liao ah?"
HAHA! oh please!
i am so not his girlfriend can?

anyway, so what if sec 3 have girlfriend huh?
primary school or even nursery can have girlfriend liao ma.
haha!
imagine mabelle having a boyfriend- Ke Jun Xiang!
i think ee ping will freak out la!!
HEHE! (:

oh ya, and why can't guys tell that i cut my hair huh?
ONLY girls can tell!
i think girls rox!
just like my hair!! (: