Thursday, February 28, 2008

3 bus stops.

today, on my way back, on bus 72,
which i will take three bus stops before i alight,
i was rather pissed at first,
then i saw something interesting!

i was sitting on the first seat of the two rows,
(the rows where passengers are sitting down facing one another.)
so this malay woman with a head scarf stood, back facing me , leaning on the pole,
which my right hand previously resting on and had to move away!
but that wasn't the end of story.
she kept on leaning back towards me and her black head scarf was intruding into my breathing space!
i struggled to take proper breaths while turning my head all the way to my left,

then, while holding my breathe,
something i saw out of the corner of my right eye caught my attention.
her ear caught my attention.
i was focussing on her ear all the time.
SHE HAD A TWENTY CENTS COIN STUCK INSIDE HER EAR!

OH MY GOSH!
at this point in time all my attention totally diverted from the head scarf that was flying and floating right in front of me.
I blinked and looked at her ear again.
yes, i am very sure!
there was really a coin inside.
She turned her head to the side, and i can see the side of the coin clearly.

as the black head scarf slowly moved out of view at the first bus stop,
i couldn't be bothered.
i am intrigued!
i kept on staring at her ear.
i tried my best not to make it too obvious, but i think i failed.
she could sensed that i was looking at her,
and turned to face me at the second bus stop.
oh man.
i quickly looked away,
trying to avoid making eye contact.
but i couldn't help catching a last glimpse of her ear again before proceeding to the door.
and i alighted at the third bus stop.

what an interesting 3 bus stops.


can anyone explain what was she trying to do?
stuffing a 20cents coin in the ear is insane!
wouldn't it be painful?
can anyone go and try and tell me how it feels. (:
hmm. my only logical explanation was that it is for convenience sake.
like when you need to make a phone call with a public phone,
then you can take the coin out directly from your ear,
instead of digging into your purse to find a coin which can be frustrating at times.

or the other reason that i can think of is that the coin was inserted by herself when she was young.
probably it was a dare or it was simply out of fun.
then, she had difficulty trying to take it out so had decided to leave it in there.
scary la!
can she hear me when i talk to her?
and how she wash her ear ah?
so weird.
singapore is weird.
singapore is dangerous too!
oh man!
the Mas Selamat Kastari,
commander of the Jemaah Islamiyah terror group's Singapore arm has ran away from the detention centre!

please, Singapore Police Force catch him quick!
don't let have the chance to hurt anyone anymore!

Disclaimer: i wasn't trying to be racist or anything ah. just stating the fact.