Wednesday, May 21, 2008

i wonder if i made a right choice posting this here.

Previously, I was feeling a little down.
Kept on harping on how much i need a getaway, and the amount of greatness a holiday can do to me.
The problem was i can't find people who want to go with me.

However, now, everyone wants to go on a Holiday with me but who should i go with?
and who seriously wants to go on a holiday with me?

I hate it when people go, "yeah let's go on a holiday together!"
started off with such a cheery, happy statement but ended up with tons of disappointment.
"oh, I can't make it, have something on.."
"oh, my parents don't really like the idea..sorry.."
"like a little ex hor?"

Okie fine lo!
Whatever!

Firstly, if you can't make it please don't make it sound as though you can make it,
and you are shittingly excited that you can come with me.

Secondly, stop trying to be mummys' papas' girls la.
19 already can!?
Third world countries aren't as bad and as horrible as you think it is like.
If you despise third world countries,
i think most likely you are looking down on them.
obviously these third world countries aren't as nice as those prestigious English-speaking-full-of-angmohs countries that mummys and papas bring you to.
Please understand the fact that not everyone is as rich and fortunate as you all.
We should count ourselves lucky even to be able to step out of this nano-ish red dot.
Be it to a third, second or first world country.
i guess all these may be too difficult for you all to comprehend.
the easiest way that you all those to understand things is by the monetary value attached to it.
sorry for putting things so bluntly and harshly.
yet, i feel that that is reality.

Thirdly, if you all are into tour packages, those non-free-and-easy ones,
please count me out!
To me, tour packages are extremely overpriced and not worth the money at all.
Especially the compulsory tour guide tips that one have to pay that the end of the trip.

This brings me to my last point- Price.
I would very much prefer a more budget trip,
which includes:
staying in a cheap, budget and probably ulu hotel,
taking the country's buses/trains if its cheaper than cabbing around.

Through all these small little savings,
it can actually make up to a lot of money,
leaving us more money to eat, shop and have FUN!
Who says that a budget trip cannot be enjoyable?
and who says that an expensive, not worth it trip is enjoyable?
At least a budget trip saves you from the aftermath staring at a long list of credit card bills,
or sufferings from a broken heart after feeling the burning sensation in your pocket.

The other reason for the cause of my dilemma is I hope that i will not have to go on holiday with someone whom i do not enjoy.
Not that I do not enjoy that person's company now.
and i swear i am not referring to any particular person.
It is just that, sense of resentment towards someone will tend to surface during the trip itself.
While holidaying, the very last thing you want is that the mood of your trip is dampen by quarrels and lack of common direction.

It is important to find someone whom:
you can relate to,
you can live with,

someone who:
can tolerate your living habits ,
you can tolerate their living habits,

someone who:
has a common goal on what you all want to achieve out of this trip.

Even if you can get along with this person quite well before the trip,
it doesn't ensure that things will be smooth sailing.
During or after the trip, things may turn otherwise.

You may not agree but its complicated.
It is difficult to explain.
I have experienced it personally before.
My good friend too.
Things choose to happen this way,
not that i want it to.

It is just perplexing.
I wonder why do i even trouble myself with complicated things at times.
I seem to be thinking too much into things. ):

Very often, I dream of myself going overseas alone.
Going backpacking alone.

I guess this dream will stay as a dream forever.
I'm not as courageous as to take that first step.
I can't bear to live in solitude.
Even staying in my own room without anyone's company proved to make me unhappy.
How can i possibly survive in a whole in place so distant from home all by myself?

Nevertheless, the idea of making new acquaintances or even friends is tickling my heart.

Furthermore, the sense of satisfaction that i get might just be that turning point which makes me change my mind, and cross that gigantic hurdle impeding my dream....

Time to wake up..
Maybe i am just thinking too much.
the financial burden will be too great for me to handle.
(at least for the time being.)

being shaken awake, back to peanuts land....