Tuesday, July 08, 2008

5 reasons why i want an iPhone no more ):



I suddenly had the urge to discourage myself from buying an iPhone.
I have found some pretty good reasons as to why iPhone isn't very suitable for me.

1. Apple users are too cool for nails.
Singapore famous blogger, Xiaxue said this sentence.
yet, i am one who likes keeping nails.
To sacrifice my nails for an iPhone?
No, really impossible.
yet, i tried typing on iPod touch with not that long nails, and it wasn't very obstructing though.

2. iPhone doesn't have MMS capabilities

Sadly, with an iPhone, I will not be able to share my beautiful pictures with my friends and family.
In addition to that, if I can't even receive MMS, then I would not be able to receive any other photos from the SPF with respect to another Toilet Break incident.
In times of emergency, a lack of this function would be highly critical as it may threaten my life and the lives of many Singaporeans. okie, it may sound overly seriously. but yeah. :P
However, I heard that there is this installer file which i can download to be able to send/receive MMS.

3. iPhone cannot transfer contacts from SIM card
I m not sure how true is this but this statement is made by liyong.
I tried to look up on the internet regarding this statement, but most of the searches returned no useful information.
Nevertheless, I think that this is the problem of a 2.5G iPhone.
Since the 2.5G iPhone is exclusively available only to AT&T users(or SIM cards), which in other words means that the iPhone needs to be unlocked before it can be used by other SIM cards, it is possible that the unloaking of SIM card is "incomplete" or there are glitches along the way, resulting in its inability to transfer contacts.
However, i am a mac user! (:
and my phone contacts are all sync into my MacBook Pro's Address Book.
So not a problem for me, as I can simply sync my iPhone with my MBP and DONE!
as simple as that. (: my MBP rocks!

4. iPhone effectively does not have a Bluetooth file transfer function

The iPhone is equipped with Bluetooth, but only for answering calls.
Your iPhone can only pair up with your bluetooth headset so that you can answer calls using your cordless bluetooth headset.
The Bluetoth function does not allow you to do any file tranfer.
As Apple is strongly against piracy, I suppose this is one of the ways to curb users from sharing files illegally.
However, by doing this Apple has compromised on the user's ability to send or receive pictures from their friend's phone.
With iPhone's 2.0 Megapixels camera, shouldn't their users have the right to better quality pictures through file transfer?
iPhone users can't just live with the lousy quality pictures in their phones.
Furthermore, there is no memory card whatsoever,
so the only way to transfer good/better quality pictures is through a computer?
or probably wirelessly.

5. iPhone can't forward SMSes.
Frustrating isn't it?
unable to forward SMS?
What a joke!
Hello, in this era, even the most basic phone has the ability to forward a SMS!
Initally i couldn't believe that Apple can actually be smart enough to forget such an important feature!
To make things worse, users cannot send a message to mutiple users.
Plus, not being able to forward sms, you will have to retype your message if you want to send your message to more than one person!
Like WOW!
hahaha what a joke right?
it is so uncomplementary to my unlimited SMS from starhub!
In a nutshell, Apple has done a really bad job in not making sending SMS friendly for its users.
Even though the QWERTY multi-touch keyboard is oh-so-great, Apple still should not punish their users by making them type repeatedly!
Yet, to stay optimistic, and to stand on Apple's side, I see it as a secret method that Apple is using to train its users into perfect typing on their iPhone multi touch QWERTY keyboard.

haiz. my conclusion?
I will think twice before buying my "saw it, love it, and must get it" iPhone.
):

my loyal K800i has stayed with me for almost two years.
the longest ever phone that I ever had.
So far iPhone is the only hope that I have in replacing my K800i.
the only phone that will not seem like a downgrade (in my opinion).
Hopes seems rather dashed the more i look at the down side of iPhone.
Will I continue supporting Apple?
Answers will be revealed in Dec 2008...

*edited* updated version here! :D