Thursday, September 20, 2007

i m an accepting mother

today, liyong commented that if my daughter has a boyfriend next time, i will be very willing to accept right?
yup, i will.
provided that the guy is like her dad. can give her true happiness.

recently, my dad just went for a sex talk in my brother's school.
i read some of the brochures that my dad brought home.
one of them said that for most parents they think that it will be acceptable for their children to go into a relationship after they are 16.
and i am like 17 going 18 real soon!

and i am pretty sure that i am not those stupid little spoilt brat that will get conned by some big bad wolf right?
furthermore, infant emphasizes on my mature thinking.
see.it means that i think before i do certain things.

i really don't understand.
i mean what's that difficult to accept?

i guess there is just too little understanding about who i really am.

maybe i am a different person when i am at home and outside.
the conditions are different.
i mean there are so many people who care for you at home.
obviously i will be a little stubborn and childish at times.
cause i know that these people won't mind me acting like that.
and i know that i don't have to safeguard myself against them.
they are my family members.

but when i am outside, i am fully aware that i am outside.
i won't just trust anyone entirely whatsoever.
i may appear to trust people a lot.
but i certainly will not let anyone lead me to the wrong pathway.
i am sensible enough to know what's right and what's not.
i do have my own set of values that i adhere to.
it may be different from your set of values, but that doesn't mean that it is wrong.
to always insist that your so-called values are right is being stubborn.
i am ok with you not accepting my set of values but just give me some respect.
yup, i agree that is a little respect around.
but probably sometimes there is the issue of pride.
pride held so high that it needs to be lowered.
if not there will never be sufficient understanding.
instead of hating the fact, why not just accept it.
accept it and be more understanding.
i mean literally understanding- like understand about certain things.
probably provide some guidance along though i doubt you have much.
and i think i am really being too much here.
i was really quite angry for a moment.

and you said that you want to read my blog.
wow. i think you will be quite shocked?
i dunno.
you will think that i am completely a different person?
i dunno. i really dunno.

all these years, do you really know me?
but i have to tell you that although i dislike the fact that you are unable to accept certain things.
and unable to give me enough trust,
i do respect you a lot.
i really do.

and i had probably inherited your stubbornness.
come to think of it again,
i sort of think that i don't know you very well also.
there are certain things that i feel that you should tell us.
maybe you think that the time is not right.
but there is no right or wrong timing to say certain things.

i really wish to know you better.
and hope that you are willing to understand me better too.