Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Life these days.

Went through the 1 and a half weeks of school.
although it is a four days work week semester, life isn't as smooth sailing as i thought it would be.

Things are not exactly that un-smooth sailing also.
Fatigue from long hours in school, with long breaks very other day makes life unproductive.
Hopefully things gets a lot better after tutorials and lab starts.

This Semester is gonna be a crucial one for me.
My CAP of 3.6 puts me at a risky position in my pursuit for applied Chemistry.
Seriously need to maintain my CAP or better still pull it up!
It aren't gonna be easy, considering that I am currently taking up 4 cores,
(or I would consider that 5 cores as German is also of the same level of importance as my cores.)

Things are getting complicated. as the days goes pass.

Things
such as my studies, the illogical facts that we are forced to accept!

Things
such as my aspirations, What if i took up Applied Chemistry and in the end, i end up being a teacher?

Things
such as Scholarship opportunities, Why hadn't I try for scholarships in the past? Should i try for the MOE Teaching Award then? (though the thought of the 4 years bond totally freaks me out. and i don't wanna be an irresponsible teacher. I need to really have the passion for teaching. and now, that remains a part of me that I just couldn't figure out. Teaching my tuition kiddos is ok, obviously it will be different feeling as teaching and controlling a group of kids, especially rowdy ones. However, the thought of a sponsored exchange programme to Germany proves to be very appealing which leads me to what's next.)

Things
such as my Financial capbilities. With so much money of mine flowing out of my bamk account at $100++/week, how am i gonna survive?!
Maybe i am gonna survive, but how am i ever gonna save enough money to go for my Language Immersion Programme to Germany. (I haven't even mention Student Exchange Programme.)
Driving cost is killing me slowly, Buying of textbooks is killing me rapidly, my Dental costs is the real killer each time. (and i just missed my Dental appointment today. damn. i remembered the wrong time.) I am thinking of taking up another tuition assignment. Yet, the concern is my studies will be jeopardised another consideration is that there is not much time to squeeze in anymore days for another tuition except on Saturdays and Sundays. (and that is provided that my Driving or the current tuition does not fall on Saturday or Sunday.) Oh, and did i mention that the current tuiton might be extended to twice per week which makes my schedule much tougher to accomodate another tuition timing. But that is good news too! at least there is income! :D and Chinese New year is coming! so hopefully the angbaos money that i get will go into my bank. (: (I think it used to not go into my bank.)

Things
such as my lousy Driving skills is indeed bothering me! Damn it! I really hope that i can pass on my first try. My TP is on the 27 March. That is too soon. Looking on the brighter side, the sooner i take it, the sooner i will pass (Hopefully!) and the sooner would i be rid of the driving cost burden. I would say that my Driving is really quite lousy. Though the instructor did say that I am slowly improving, I still feel that i am lousy. Nevertheless, i look forward to every driving lesson no matter how much i dread my instructor's scoldingss! I hope that I can be less timid, and start driving faster. Cruising at 40km/hour even on long straight roads with no cars is indeed very slow. I shall start driving faster the next time round. Oh, and last Sunday morning, at 745am was the first time i drove to Ubi! whee! and i saw my Primary School Maha Bodhi under renovation. (oh, and why is that Manjusri secondary beside Maha Bodhi now huh?! I don't like the idea.) My driving timings are usually very weird. Most of the time it would be early in the morning at 8am, or even before 8am. I almost had driving at yesterday night at 930pm till 11pm. crraziness i think. Luckily the instructor forget. Plus i have never driven at night before! This Saturday my lesson will be at a much more normal timing (130pm). It would be my 7th Driving lesson. (: Please bless that i do much better. Lastly I just wanna say that even though my instructor is fierce, he can be encouraging to a certain extent. For instance that day i stalled! then, in my mind, I was thinking, "Shit man, confirm get scolded again le la!" But to my astonishment, not only did he not scold me, he say that, "偶尔stall一两次是不用紧的!" That is so not him la! Usually he will just scold me lo probably he saw the the distressed and guilty face of mine when i stalled and decided to let me off. I concluded that he isn't that cold blooded afterall.

Things such as my nightmares. They are scary. They are so real and they work on my fears and yearnings.. It leaves me afraid initially, then I would become sad after I wake up. I would tear whenever i think of it. I don't understand why can't those dreams be of a happier ending. I would be really afraid that the dreams do come true, and I sincerely pray that they don't come true. I don't understand why do I have those dreams. Are they trying to tell me something? Are dreams really what happens in reality? If it does, then I want to know why it happens.

That is about all that is going on in my life.
On a happier note, Chinese New Year is coming soon! :D
Looking forward many other joyous things!

Receiving angbaos! Family gatherings! (though i don't quite look forward to certain family gatherings.) Playing with chubby Nadine who is coming back from Dubai! (: Mahjong session! Steamboat at Uncle's place! (I simply love his steamboat with the BBQ thing!) Mummy's CNY cooking! Playing with Marcus and Mabelle! (: Taking Photos with my brother! (Haha. I realised that we like to camwhore during CNY!) Wearing new clothes! Sleeping in my new Snoopy PJs and Bedsheets(not Snoopy one): )! Eating CNY goodies! Lou Yu Sheng! and too much more to be mentioned...

Wishing everyone a Happy Chinese New Year in advance! :D Give me angbaos please!!!

Chinese New Year is never as traditional as it used to be. Ever since then.