Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Fun wih Picasa for Mac (beta) on my MacBook Pro!


Here is what i did with Picasa.
(:
a small little review on Picasa.

Just having a little fun after downloading Picasa (for Mac) for free!
I am really glad that they came up wih Picasa for Mac.
I fondly remember the memories i had with Picasa a few years back when i was working with my home PC.

Finally got it on my Mac!

When i first got the software i was thinking that isn't this just another software like iPhoto?
But Picasa proved me wrong!
There are addition useful things like creating pictures collages,
(fast and easily! very very user-friendly)

Tabs to keep things in check and allowing your work to be done neatly.
This is especially appealing to people who dislike having to work with 1000 windows! (one example would be photoshop!)
*Something like tabbed browsing on a browser. Get the picture?
iPhoto isn't that bad, because you can't work with more than 1 photo at a time! ):

Allows for uploading of pictures into your blogger account!
This is what i just did!
This would definitely make me much more efficiently in uploading pictures for my monthly gatherings.
i have not tried uploading lots of pictures at once, but so far, there aren't any major glitches in my experience with Picasa 3 for Mac (beta).
Hope that things stay the way it is now.

oh, there is one down side of Picasa though.
It is unable to edit pictures from the iPhoto Library directly.
there is a need to make another copy of the picture.
Not quite Picasa's fault though, since iPhoto library stores only the read only files.
It is just one point that makes it more troublesome and space consuming to use Picasa.

No doubt, Picasa is good. i will still be using my iPhoto to import photos from my camera.
Editing will be done on iPhoto too.
Nevertheless, well done Google.

This logo below shows that i have uploaded this post from Picasa.
Posted by Picasa