Tuesday, March 06, 2007

sudden urge to blog about this..

They are the closest people related by blood ties and yet they don't seem to understand you.
They may think what they are doing for you is the best.
what they reprimand you for is all for your own good.
Everything that they did and planned for you is for your own good.

Parents
All the parents in this world wide world are somewhat similar.
All of them have a common parental instinct,
guiding their every action.
All the constant scoldings, naggingS and even beatings since young,
it alll originated due to this parental instinct.
Which is their CARE for their children.

Nevertheless, my parents are also like that.
At times, i think they are too unreasonable.
Too over-protective.
Not giving me enough freedom.
In their eyes, i have never ever grown up.

i don't know why.
But i don't seem to get them to put trust in me.
They never seem to understand that I do know how to differentiate the right from the wrong.
I do know my limits.
And integrity guides my every actions.
I believe that my parents have brought me up well.
An this good up-bringing will follow me through life.

It hurts when you know that your parents do not trust you.
It hurts even more when you let them know certain things
And they become very worked up and very against it.
Without even giving you a chance of trying it out,
Or not to say even a chance to defense yourself.
They tend to generalise things (yes, i admit that i am generalising parents too.)
And stay on the darker side of life.
They seem to think highly of their experience towards certain issues.
And make false assumptions that things all happen that way.
Can't they see that the world around them is changing.
And things are no longer the same.

Sometimes i do wonder..
Why can't all parents be equally open-minded?
Why can't they share their experiences with us such thst we know what to expect when time comes.
Why can't they accept certain facts?
And most importantly, why can't they put more trust in their daughter?

please, your daughter is 17 going 18.
She has brains.
which contain well developed brain cells,
that are mature enough to differentiate what's right and what's wrong.
She is not as stupid as you all think she is.
And she will not get cheated for goodness sake!
Please give her some more trust.
And reassure her that you all do trust her.
it is seriously very stressful at times to figure out what my parents want.
It seems that I'm not as close to them as before.
I don't feel like telling them things.
They do not seem to be interested.
The trust is betrayed.
I seriously see no point in telling them things.
yes, its sad, but sorry..